Thank you for your interest in SMG/Baltimore Arena. We accept applications and resumes for posted positions only.
Job Title: Part-Time Maintenance Technician
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Operations Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt (Hourly), Essential Personnel
- This porition is primarily responsible for maintenance needs, repairs and requests; before, during, and after events. Perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled work to maintain all physical aspects of the facility as well as the operation and maintenance of all mechanical/electrical systems. This position will also serve to assist the Operations Crew and Maintenance Crew as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Building Inspections and Preventive Maintenance:
- Daily inspection of all aspects of the facility including operating systems to detect malfunction and/or needed repairs.
- Completion of the Maintenance pre/post event checklist for all applicable events.
Skilled and Semi-Skilled Maintenance and Repair:
- Perform painting, flooring, carpentry, plumbing, masonry glass repair, roofing, and construction as directed.
- Provide ground maintenance to include snow removal, lawn mowing, hedging, painting of parking areas, etc. to maintain aesthetic quality of the facility.
- Trouble-shooting telephone lines and network connections.
- Program message boards as directed.
- Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams.
- Maintain written daily activity log.
- Maintain strong working relationship with outside contractors and vendors.
- Maintain strong relationships with co-workers and other departments.
- Effective communication skills, facilitate work between shifts.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to resolve customer complaints quickly.
- Equipment operation to include forklift, snow removal equipment power tools and associated equpiment.
- On-Call status for building emergencies and inclement weather responsibilites.
- Assist Operations Crew as directed.
- Respond to promoter requests and event requirements.
- Complies with all OSHA/MOSHA requlations. Ensures facility is in compliance with same.
- This position requires physical labor, including lifting up to 50lbs., walking, standing or bending for extended periods of time.
- Other duties as assigned.
As this position is classifed as Essential Personnel, mandatory overtime may be required. Additionally, an emplyee may be required to work and/or after regularly scheduled shift and/or work through breaks and lunch-time.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a reliable form of transportation.
- Ability to work under deadlines dictated by event scheduled and project timetables.
- Skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair in carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical and electrical.
- Ability to work independently.
- High School dimploma required.
- Ability to work long hourse and flexible scheduling, including nights, weekends, overnights, and holidays.
If interested in this PT position, please come to the Baltimore Arena Administrative Entrance and fill out an application. Or e-mail your resume to Teresa Waters, HR Manager, at email@example.com.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V